Call for Toolkit Organisers
The Go TO source for WHRDs
Deadline for Nominations extended: Sunday January 15, 2017
To ensure that the Toolkit is disseminated widely, is locally owned and continues on as a living document, we are looking for WHRDs from the urban settlements to serve a one-year term as Toolkit Organisers (TOs). The TOs, with support from PBI Kenya, will take the lead on the dissemination of the Toolkit in Nairobi’s urban settlements.
Who are we looking for?
Women human rights defenders:
• who are committed to and passionate about social justice and women’s rights
• with some experience in community work/community activism
• who are willing and able to devote time each week to the Toolkit
• who are well connected and respected in their communities
What do we offer?
A benefit package, which includes:
• capacity building sessions in order for you to develop as an activist (e.g. on women’s rights, networking, documentation)
• monthly Mandazi Meetings
• modest transport support
• access to a network of devoted WHRDs
Responsibility for the information and views set out in this Toolkit lies entirely with the authors.